14th -17th May 2018
4 Day training US$ 1,500 per person.
Attendees will receive a complimentary evaluation edition of Fusion.
Skills and knowledge in:
- Implementing a QA/QC program in agreement with international regulations (as NI 43-101, JORC) in order to monitor the data quality during exploration programs,
- Using Datamine’s QC data-processing module,
- Assessing the influence of the most common errors in geological practice,
- Putting adequate and corrective actions in practice in order to minimize their influence in mineral-resource estimation.
Fusion workshop focusing on the best practices in data management and logging.
Day 2 – 4 QAQC Course:
- Mineral-Resource classification according to major mining codes (NI 43-101, JORC)
- QA/QC in the international regulations for the mining industry
- General QA/QC concepts
- Quality Assurance
- Sampling procedures
- Sample preparation and analysis
- Bulk density
- Quality Control
- Preparation and documentation of reference materials
- Quality Control monitoring
- Frequent QC issues
- QC and data security.
Geologist with more than 16 years’ experience in the mining industry, including major companies such as Vale and BHP Billiton in Brazil and Africa.
Eduardo has a strong background in base metals project development at pre-feasibility and final feasibility stages. He has worked in nickel, copper, manganese and iron ore exploration projects, doing geological mapping, core logging, geological modelling, resource evaluation and have gained experience in QAQC, hydrogeology, geotechnical studies and environmental assessment for licensing processes. Eduardo is currently the Technical Manager and Senior Consultant at Datamine International UK and has been doing consulting services and Fusion database implementation.
Dr. Armando Simón, P.Geo., Consulting Geologist
Geology Consultant with 44 years of experience in exploration, QA/QC, resource audits, geological modelling and resource estimation, and other work on projects throughout North and South America, Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe.
He has acted as QP for NI 43-101 Technical Reports on precious and base metals, and industrial minerals. He has reviewed and/or audited numerous copper, gold, zinc-lead, iron, tin, nickel and industrial-mineral projects and operations all-over the world. Since 2004, Armando has trained more than 2,200 geologists and other specialists from 43 countries in QA/QC practices and data processing techniques.
He is registered as Professional Geoscientist with the AIG (Australia) and the APGO (Canada), and as Competent Person with the Chilean Mining Commission. Armando is based in Santiago, Chile, and is fluent in English.