Material Handling & Product Blending.
BlendOpt is a solution platform that makes integrated planning and scheduling decisions of materials from Pit to Port. The software uses mathematical optimisation to simultaneously optimise thousands of decisions to dynamically control material qualities and blends.
The BlendOpt suite holistically approaches all aspects of the resource value chain: track material Point-of-Origin from orebody block to Point-of-Sale, manage blends, control quality, stocks, process modelling, logistics, market strategy, and sales.
BlendOpt.Integrate can generate integrated mine plans which can simultaneously consider decisions across a mining supply chain and across time.
Designed specifically for complex operations, BlendOpt.Integrate is uniquely able to simultaneously optimise processing, logistics and marketing decisions that impact production, revenue and profit.
When incorporated into a mine planning study, it creates a complete end to end solution for integrated Mine to Market plan improvement.
- An integrated approach to mine planning
- Model supply chains with processing, stockpiling, transport, and sales, from Mine to Market.
- Directly integrate short term schedules and long term plans.
- Align sales and production planning.
Data Analysis & Visualisation Engine
BlendOpt.DAV is a proprietary data visualisation tool. Unlike charting in Excel, BlendOpt.DAV supports a dynamic visual interrogation of data that enables you to easily pivot, group, and summarise data – eliminating the need to learn a complex database management tool.
BlendOpt.DAV is custom-built to help you consistently and efficiently find the ultimate cause of discrepancies within mining data.
BlendOpt.DAV is designed to quickly investigate variance across mine plans as well as validate whether mine planning scripts are achieving required KPIs and business rules.
- Visual and interactive data analysis of integrated plans.
- Powerful data cross-filtering.
- Compare and discover differences across mining scenarios.
- Measure trends and evaluate risks.
Cutpoint & Wash Optimisation
BlendOpt.Processing is a holistic strategy optimisation tool that can model a variety of processing plant flow networks and processing constraints.
For instance, it can improve wash vs bypass decisions as well as the density cut-point for dense medium cyclones while accounting for washability, feed blend requirements, sales targets, and downstream/upstream inventories in the context of the integrated mine planning problem.
In addition to strategy optimisation, BlendOpt.Processing supports the detailed scheduling of daily campaigns.
- Variable feed rates.
- Combine manual decisions with optimised decisions for cut-points.
- Combine manual decisions with optimised wash vs bypass decisions.
- Combine manual decisions with optimised product decisions.
- Wash, crusher, bypass, and rejects cost modelling.
Market Strategies & Optimisation
BlendOpt.MSO uniquely supports marketing teams to maximise the book value of their resources.
Using a list of product definitions, BlendOpt.MSO determines the right mix of product blends and volumes to maximise revenue under different market conditions.
With BlendOpt.MSO, you can automate the investigation of new product studies, revealing the price that a product becomes relevant to your operation and how this changes over time with pricing forecasts and mine plans.
BlendOpt.MSO also determines the greatest economic benefit from buying third party coal as well as how much should be purchased over time.
- Optimise across both contracted and non-contracted sales.
- Adjust prices by product quality.
- Define and constrain products across multiple quality attributes.
Stockpile Management & Rule Engine
BlendOpt.SM stockpile modelling enables you to enhance the supportive role that stockpiling can have on product delivery while balancing this with the costs of unsold inventory.
Time-based models of stockpile quality deterioration, e.g. oxidation, can be created to directly influence planning decisions in BlendOpt’s mathematical optimisation algorithm.
Stockpile minimum capacities can be modelled to change with time when it’s important for BlendOpt plans to build up stocks.
Conversely, stockpile maximum capacities can also be modelled to change with time, enabling studies into the forced depletion of selected stock.
- Model cargo assembly or dedicated stockpiles.
- Model material aging such as oxidation.
- Define minimum and maximum stock capacities.