Technical Services & Outsourcing
Datamine’s team of dedicated professionals draw from years of diverse experience, from exploration to feasibility studies, due diligence investigations, productivity improvement projects, mine to mill optimisation and project management. Our expertise covers a wide range of commodities including gold, coal, platinum, iron ore, uranium,diamonds, nickel, zinc and lead as well as the full range of open pit and underground mining methods.
Datamine has advanced capabilities in exploration, geostatistics, geological modelling and resource estimation. Our software is an industry standard for 3D resource/reserve modelling. Our in-house solutions and workflows allow our resource team to rapidly complete projects to a high standard. We cover all aspects of geology from exploration field work to detailed computer-based resource estimation.
- Exploration planning
- Conditional simulation
- Geotechnical domain modelling
- Orebody modelling
- Resource estimation
- Competent Person reports
- Database design and data management
- Sampling and grade control processes
- Technical systems integration
- Geotechnical data capture and modelling
Datamine’s experienced team of mining engineers can assist clients with a range of services to complement or extend in-house capabilities. We work on short and long term assignments, as well as periodic requirements such as annual life of mine plan updates. Our team has access to the industry’s leading tools for strategic planning, mine design and scheduling, and possess expert level skills for the most efficient delivery of your project.
- Strategic and long term planning; ultimate pit and pushback optimisation
- Mid-term planning including haulage and material handling optimisation
- Simulation and risk studies
- Detailed open pit, haul road and dump designs
- Fleet selection and analysis
- Blast design and displacement
- Slope stability analysis
- Mining Method Selection
- Stope and layout optimisation
- Mine design and scheduling
- Drill & blast design and optimisation
- Fleet selection and analysis
- Backfill and ventilation system design
Studies, Reviews and Audits
Our multi-disciplinary teams can assist with a variety of complex requirements for mine owners and investors.
- Scoping and feasibility studies
- Technical due diligence
- Expert witness
- Site system and process reviews
- Mine to mill reviews
- Competent & Qualified Person reports
- Cost estimation and financial modelling
Technical Services Agreement (TSA)
Technical Service Agreements enable clients to access Datamine’s consultants under a 1 year or multi-year agreement at competitive consulting rates. Services provided under these agreements include:
- Customised Training/Coaching including advanced software training, script and macro writing and problem-solving advice.
- Technical consulting such as resource and reserve estimation, mine design and scheduling, reconciliation, grade control and temporary relief for vacant roles.
- Systems Reviews to ensure the site has robust, efficient processes throughout exploration, geology and engineering departments.