SOT V2 Available Now
SOT works seamlessly with Studio 5D Planner and EPS to deliver higher project NPV. The sophisticated genetic algorithm solver in SOT has been purpose built for mining and caters for all the practical constraints that are encountered in underground mining senarios.
Datamine has regularly assisted clients to achieve NPV improvements of over 25% using SOT. Supercharge your schedule with SOT today!
Why use SOT?
Traditionally, mine planners rely heavily on experience and intuition to arrive at a small number of alternative mine designs and corresponding long-term schedules. Improving the net present value of a given long-term schedule is a daunting and time-consuming process when using conventional methods.
SOT allows the mine planner to efficiently optimize alternative strategic options. SOT supports evidence-based decision-making, allowing mining companies to improve productivity and profitability.
- Significantly increase the net present value of your mining operation
- Select among alternative high-NPV schedules
- Assess cash flows, mine life, utilization of equipment and plants
- Perform scenario analyses relating to alternative mine designs
- Perform sensitivity analyses relating to operating costs and commodity prices
- Perform trade-off studies relating to the fleet size
- Perform ‘what-if’ studies relating to potentially-economic material
- Perform timing studies related to capital expenditures
- Rapidly re-optimize when conditions change
What’s new in SOT2?
SOT2 gives you the power to build in more detailed constraints and rapidly analyse multiple capital investment scenarios.
New features in v2 include:
- Trigger activities can modify operational resource constraints, with associated capital costs
- Trigger activities can modify plant capacities, with associated capital costs, changes in recovery and operating costs
- Detailed specification of recovery factors for each product
- Count capacity profiles
- Scheduling period specified separately for each resource capacity
- MaxLag property ensures fill activity occurs within specified time
- MaxLag can also be used to limit delay between successive development activities
- Added Dependencies feature allows scheduling of activities to be restricted according to order given by selected attributes
- Operating costs for an activity can be aggregated from operational resource costs, or based on multiple activity properties
- Bar charts allow for a comparison of alternative SOT schedules and a baseline schedule in terms of production, cash flow, or other properties
- Efficiency improvements for scheduling and sliding operation
How does SOT work?
SOT uses custom heuristics and a unique evolutionary algorithm to optimize the net present value of the long-term mine schedule. The optimized schedule of activities effectively forms a mining plan that maximizes the value of the orebody, for the given development and stoping activities. An evolutionary algorithm, SOT can solve problem instances that are intractable with exact optimization methods. SOT generates in minutes an optimized schedule, adhering to all operational resource constraints, for thousands of activities.
SOT takes as input an underground mine design, consisting of a set of development and stoping activities, along with the precedence links between these activities that reflect physical adjacencies. On import, each mining activity has properties such as duration, length, weight, mineral grades, activity types and mine area. The SOT user interface is then used to set up the scenarios to be evaluated. The primary components of a scenario usually consist of operational resources and their capacities and the financial model, including the discount rate, projected mineral prices, operating costs, and capital costs. S