The highly anticipated Discover Mobile product has been made available with the March 2019 release of Discover.
Discover Mobile is included with the latest Discover update, and allows you to take your data with you out into the field. Mobility and interoperability are big themes in exploration, and Discover Mobile delivers this in spades. Examples of Discover Mobile functionality include the ability to:
- Quickly and seamlessly synchronise a wide range of GIS data (images, grids & vector files) between your own device in the field and the Discover desktop program.
- Take historical data into the field to compare new observations to previously collected data.
- Collect point and line data in the field, associating it with attribute data and images in real time.
- See exactly where you are via your phone GPS, overlaid with all GIS layers that have been downloaded.
- Work in an offline environment and cache google base map files into your device for use when you cannot connect to a network or the signal is too weak.
- Distribute mobile projects to multiple mobile users.
- And much more!
We kicked off the pre-release momentum at industry events such as PDAC in order to collect feedback from our user base. The Discover Mobile demonstrations garnered extremely positive feedback and reactions from everyone who saw the app. Our webinars were also a great success with several being held in various regions, led by our Exploration Product Manager, John Shippick and other Datamine geology experts.
If you have not yet seen for yourself what Discover Mobile is all about, find out more by watching the overview video below.
Can’t view the video on Vimeo? Watch it on YouTube.
Find out more about Discover 2019 below.Discover 2019 Release Webpage