Easy to Use
An intuitive interface providing a logical sequence for all project steps
The speed and flexibility of PGCA allows rapid assessment of all types and sizes of caving operations
PGCA contains shutoff algorithms which can be used to optimize resource recovery
Produce multiple scenarios with differing ring sizes, schedules, flow characteristics etc
Cellular Automata Model
PGCA models simulate cave flow for the Life of Mine of a caving operation for several outcomes such as recovery, dilution and production scheduling. How does it work? PGCA is a Cellular Automata model. The block model is discretised to blocks of a user defined size. Each of the up to 240 million blocks follows its own internal rules. The rules are based on probability of movement, material types, and user defined parameters such as expected width of draw.Talk To Our Team
PGCA Key Features
01Speed, Accuracy and Auditability
Approximate run time for a 70Mt sub level caving case (containing 20,000+ production rings) is approximately 2 hours using a standard desktop computer. Block and panel caving cases generally run more rapidly. An example of a 160Mt panel caving case takes approximately 10 minutes to run.
• Models flow of rock within the cave Life of Mine to give recovery and dilution forecasts.
• Schedules production for block, panel and sublevel caving.
• Optimiser for automatic footprint generation.
• Recovery reports generated by level, phase, resource classification, drawpoint and time.
• Sublevel and block caving capability within the same model; Block Cave, or SLC (Sub Level Caving method).
• Allows for cave propagation within a simulation.
• Allows for fine and alternate particle properties.
• Realistic rilling behaviour.
• Can save out residual block model at end of modelling run.
04Small scale calibration
• Produces ellipsoidal approximations of draw similar to those seem in reality.
• Software has been calibrated against many operating mines.